The 2016 Australian Coastal Awards are to be announced at the 2016 Australian Coastal Councils Conference at Rockingham, Western Australia, on Thursday 5 May, 2016.
The awards acknowledge the achievement of individuals and organisations that have made a significant contribution to the Australian coastal environment, settlements and sustainability. They are intended to raise community awareness of the importance of the coastal zone and to encourage coastal planning and management practitioners to strive for excellence.
Awards are made in the following categories:
- Planning and/or Management for the coastal planning and/or management practitioner or initiative of the year.
- Research for the individual researcher, group or research organisation that has made the most significant contribution for the year in the field of coastal research.
- Community Engagement for the individual or organisation that has achieved excellence in engaging a community in an effort to improve the coastal environment, community or sustainability.
- Climate Adaptation for the individual or organisation that has made the most significant contribution to climate adaptation in the coastal zone.
- Annual Achievement to recognise the individual or organisation that has made the most significant coastal achievement of the year.
Individuals or organisations may nominate themselves or be nominated by others in a selected category by Friday 18 March 2016.
The judging panel will select finalists in each award category. Finalists have the opportunity to make a presentation to Conference delegates on the coastal project they have been involved in prior to judging the winners in each category.
1. Fill in the 2016 Australian Coastal Awards Nomination Form, clearly indicating the award category you wish to enter.
2. Include the names of two referees where indicated, together with their contact details.
3. Attach supporting material to nomination email, including relevant images.
(Please note – total size of attachments should not exceed 4MB)
4. Forward completed 2016 Australian Coastal Awards Nomination Form and attachments to the Australian Coastal Councils Association email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than close of business, Friday 18 March 2016. Please include the following information in the email subject: Awards Category (add name of category).
5. All Award nominations will be acknowledged within three working days.
Deadline for nominations is close of business, Friday 18 March 2016.
Selected finalists in each award category will be notified by Friday 8 April.
The judging panel will select a winner in each category from the finalists.
The Awards will be presented to winners in the various categories at the annual Australian Coastal Councils Conference dinner, to be held on Thursday 5 May 2016.